Upon approval by the Foundation Grants Committee, the Treasurer of the CCSU Foundation, Inc. is granted authority to disburse budgeted unrestricted funds in response to requests from University groups, organizations or committees in accordance with the following criteria:
1. Requests must be from either recognized faculty or student organizations at Central Connecticut State University, from Academic Departments or Administrative units of the University, or from members of the faculty or staff acting in conjunction with the University or a department.
2. Requests should reflect the goals and philosophies of the CCSU Foundation, Inc. in terms of programs it has supported in the past, should directly concern the University and members of the University community, and support by a tax exempt organization.
3. Requests must be submitted in writing with an explanation of how the project relates to the mission and goals of Central Connecticut State University. Requests for funds in excess of $500.00 must be reviewed and approved by the Grants Committee prior to disbursement by the Treasurer.
The Foundation Grants Committee meets as required; the second Monday in January, April, July, and October. Requests shall be submitted via the department chair, dean and vice president, to the Secretary of the Foundation at least 30 days prior to the Grants Committee meeting. This deadline will be adhered to strictly and there shall be no extensions or exceptions.
1. Each request must have the signed approval of the supervising vice president and dean. No request will be considered without this approval.
2. Requests will be judged on the information presented on the application. The Grants Committee will assume nothing. Applicants are advised to be as complete as possible on the application form to be sure the Committee has sufficient information on which to base its decision.
3. Decisions of the Foundation Grants Committee are final.
4. Funding for approved requests must be used prior to the end of the Foundationís fiscal year on June 30. Requests for carry over must be submitted in writing to the Secretary of the Foundation at least 15 days prior to the close of the fiscal year.
5. A final report on the project or activity shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Foundation within 30 days after completion.
6. Appropriate recognition shall be given to the Foundation on all printed material, news releases and public announcements pertaining to the project or activity.