Study Abroad Scholarships
Course Abroad Scholarships
The Center for International Education offers a limited number of scholarships to participants in Course Abroad programs. To be considered eligible for CIE Course Abroad scholarship assistance, applicants must: (1) submit the Course Abroad registration form to the Center for International Education on or before the program's registration deadline, (2) be matriculated at CCSU, (3) hold good academic standing, (4) register for a course associated with the program, (5) not receive tuition remission/waivers, and (6) submit a 750-1000 word Scholarship Essay (see individual program registration forms). Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis and preference will be given to students whose GPA exceeds 2.50. Registration for a Course Abroad program does not guarantee award of a scholarship.
CCSU Foundation, Inc. Scholarships
The following CCSU Foundation, Inc. scholarships are used exclusively to support students who have been accepted to participate in a CCSU-sponsored Course Abroad Program. Tthe criteria described above applies. Application to these funds is made when a student submits a Course Abroad Registration Form to the Center for International Education. The application deadlines correspond to the Course Abroad Program deadlines.
- George R. Muirhead Scholarship - Established to assist students participating in a Course Abroad Program to the United Kingdom. Eligibility criteria: CCSU undergraduate or graduate student accepted into a CCSU Course Abroad Program in Scotland or England, with a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Koh Scholarship Fund - Established to provide financial assistance to CCSU students studying abroad in the Republic of South Korea. Eligibility criteria: CCSU undergraduate or graduate student accepted into a CCSU Course Abroad Program or Kyung Hee University's Global Collaborative Program in South Korea, with a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Paul Hochstim German Scholar Exchange - Provides financial support to academically superior students for scholarly exchanges between German universities and CCSU.
- James-Hauser International Exchange - Provides support for student exchange opportunities in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Dr. Mong Koo Chung/Hyundai Motor Company Scholarship - Provides support for high-achieving students engaged in a Course Abroad Program to Japan, Korea, and China.
- H.G. Peter Wallach Scholarshiip - Provides support for full-time undergraduate students at CCSU with 30 hours of earned academic credit and a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average who are majoring in political science, who have demonstrated an understanding of current issues in civil liberties and constitutional law, or who will be engaging in study in Germany.
Semesters Abroad Scholarships
Students participating in long-term study abroad programs are encouraged to seek external scholarships. The link below can be used as a start in exploring external scholarships; students are encouraged to do additional web-research.