ConnCAP Middle School Program
ConnCAP: "An earlier start to a brighter future." Servicing students in New Britain over 25 years.
WHO ARE WE?
The Central Connecticut State University ConnCAP Program is a state funded college preparatory program for selected New Britain, CT public middle school seventh and eighth grade students who plan to attend New Britain High School.
WE STRIVE FOR COMMITMENT
We expect that upon acceptance into the program that Parents/Guardians and students will make a long term commitment. Students accepted into the program as a 7th grader must participate until their high school graduation. Both 7th and 8th grade students participate in an after school program in which they learn about:
- Study skills
- Strategies on how to improve grades
- Gain knowledge on what it takes to go to college
While in the program, students enjoy exciting field trips to cultural and educational events, including college campus visits. Seventh and eighth grade students are required to participate in a six-week summer academic program. Additionally, high school students are also required to attend the summer program.
- A challenging six-week summer academic instruction held on the CCSU campus
- Academic advising and enrichment
- High school preparation information
- Holistic development
- Career development
- College admission information and campus visits
- Cultural enrichment activities