Student Office Assistant
The Student Office Assistant works to support the Event Coordinators when needed. He/she is responsible for opening and closing rooms at the scheduled time, as well as maintaining the space, keeping it clean and organized. He/she is responsible for basic setups, and technical support, answering phones, data entry, as well as other work assigned by the department supervisors. The Student Office Assistant is also responsible for Usher or Technical duties as well if asked by a supervisor or scheduled to do so.
- Time off must be requested at least two weeks in advance and is simply a REQUEST. If you are required to work you will be scheduled regardless.
- Tardiness is unacceptable and a formal write-up will be issued. It may also result in a significant decrease in ones hours.
- Failure to show up for a call is unacceptable and is grounds for termination.
15-20 Hours Per week when regular classes are in session
30-40 Hours Per week when regular classes are not in session.
1. Under the supervision of the Events & Logistics Management Assistant Director, the Student Office Assistant oversees duties including recording reservation requests, answering phones, opening and closing rooms as well as small setups including LCD projectors, Laptops, TVs, CD players, DVD players, VCRs and more. Also to meet and assist clients as needed.
2. The Student Office Assistant is responsible for keeping regular “office hours,” as scheduled as well as other duties if asked by a supervisor.
3. The Student Office Assistant attends weekly crew meetings under the supervision of the Supervisors and the Director. He/she is also responsible for noting any conflicts or questions during this time. If it is not noted during the meeting it is your responsibility to cover any conflicts.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by the Events & Logistics Management Assistant Director.
Supervision: Student Managers, Event Coordinators, Director