CCSU Faculty Senate
Minutes—April 26, 2010
VAC 105 3:00 PM
Note: Senate Constitution, Bylaws, Meeting Dates, Agenda and Minutes are posted on the CCSU Pipeline under Faculty Resources/Faculty Senate.
Next Meeting of the Faculty Senate is on May 10, 2010, 3pm, Vance.
Present: Abadiano, H., Alewitz, M., Al-Masoud, N., Ayalon, A., Barr, B., Barrington, C., Bernstein, S., Bigelow, L., Bigley, M.P., Bonvicini, F., Cohen, S., Crespi, C., Czyrnik, K., D’Addio, D., DelAma, J., Delventhal, T., Dobler, E., Dziuda, D., Eustis, K., Foshay, J., Hermes, K., Hicks, L., Iglesias, E., Jarmoszko, T., Kapper, M., Karpuk, P., Kurkovsky, S., Larsen, K., Latour, F., Leake, M., Love, K., Mamed, O., McCleary, B., Mendez-Mendez, S., Mione, T., Mulrooney, J., O’Connor, J., Osoba, B., Park, M., Percy, V., Poppe, K., Ratansi, S., Sanders, D., Sarisley, E., Sianez, D., Sikorski, J., Sims, D., Stankewicz, K., Strickland, A., Tomoda, S., Vogeler, R., Wang, W., Wright, E.
Ex-Officio: Miller, J., Lovitt, C., Sakofs, M., Shojai, S., Kremens, Z., Pease, S., Lemma, P.
Parliamentarian: Dimmick, C.
Guests: Temple, R., Halloran, P., Pudlinski, C., Nunn, M., Grasso, L.
a. AAUP President (J. Jones)
- No report.
b. SUOAF-AFSCME President (F. Bonvicini)
- Thursday is the SUOAF Faculty Senate election.
- Another Brown Bag Lunch will be held within the next two weeks
c. President of the Senate (C. Barrington)
- President Barrington thanked the Elections Committee for their superb work this year, provided insight into recent correspondence with the BOT and made the following announcements and comments:
2. Minutes of April 12, 2010: Motion to approve, Senator Mulrooney (Passed)
a. Committee on Academic Advising:
- Senator Bigley presented the Report to the Senate, Committee By-Laws and Academic Advising Outcomes. (Accepted)
- R. Temple presented the report, provided an update on 1st and 2nd floor renovations, status of the Library Director search and timeline and answered questions from the floor. (Accepted)
- P. Halloran reviewed the outcomes of the 2009 application process and recommendations for reporting next year. (Accepted)
- Senator Hermes reviewed the report and answered questions from the floor. (Accepted)
e. First Year Experience
- C. Pudlinski reviewed the reports from the Fall 2009 and the Spring 2010 report and answered questions from the floor. (Accepted)
- M. Nunn reviewed the report and answered questions from the floor. (Accepted)
- L. Grasso discussed current goals and objectives and proposed goals and objectives, which he will present for a Senate vote at the next meeting. (Accepted)
4. Unfinished Business:
- Senator Mulrooney reviewed the proposed scheduling for spring 2011 for undergraduate and graduate courses, and answered questions from the floor. (Accepted)
5. New Business:
a. Approval of May undergraduate and graduate candidates for graduation were accepted as follows:
- Arts and Sciences: Dean Kremens
- School of Business : Dean Shojai
- School of Education and Professional Studies: Dean Sakofs
- School of Engineering and Technology: Dean Kremens
- Graduate School, May and Summer 2010: Dean Lemma
- (This item was moved to the beginning of the agenda to accommodate voting)
- Senator Foshay provided an update of the election process. A call for nominations for Senate Officers was issued and the following nominations were made:
- President Candace Barrington
- Vice President Jim Mulrooney
- Secretary Burlin Barr
- Vacancies for Committees were announced and some nominations were taken from the floor. A motion was made (Senator Foshay) to run the election as is and carry over any vacancies until the fall. (Passed)
- Paper ballot elections were conducted by the Elections Committee for Senate Committees.
- Motion to adjourn made by Senator Abadiano (Passed)