CCSU Faculty Senate
Minutes—January 25, 2010
VAC 105 3:00 PM
Note: Senate Constitution, Bylaws, Meeting Dates, Agenda and Minutes are posted on the CCSU Pipeline under Faculty Resources/Faculty Senate.
Next Meeting of the Faculty Senate is on February 8, 2010, 3pm, Vance.
Present: Abadiano, H., Alewitz, M., Al-Masoud, N., Ball, K., Barr, B., Barrington, C., Bernstein, S., Bigelow, L., Bigley, M.P., Cappella, D., Cohen, D., Cohen, S., Crespi, C., Czyrnik, K., D’Addio, D., DelAma, J., Dobler, E., Eustis, K., Gigliotti, G., Glagovich, N., Hicks, L., Hoopengardner, B., Iglesias, E., Jarmoszko, T., Koh, K., Larsen, K., Latour, F., Mamed, O., Mendez-Mendez, S., Mione, T., O’Connor, J., Osoba, B., Percy, V., Pirog, K., Poirier, K., Poppe, K., Ratansi, S., Reska, J., Sanders, D., Sarisley, E., Sianez, D., Sikorski, J., Sims, D., Stankewicz, K., Tomoda, S., Wood, R.,
Ex-Officio: Miller, J., Lovitt, C., Shojai, S., Sakofs, M., Pease, S., Kremens, Z., Lemma, P.
Parliamentarian: Dimmick, C.
Guests: Jones, J., Burkholder, T., Wagner, N., Hosch, B., Cernock, R., Alling, A.
a. AAUP President (J. Jones)
- President Jones announced the following:
- CSU AAUP met in December and passed a resolution condemning the poor judgment of the BOT and excessive authority delegated to the chancellor in hiring and firing decisions.
- Representatives of AAUP met with the BOT in the second week of January and received system budget projections.
- Upcoming state elections campaigns are raising issues concerning more concessions from state employees.
- SEBAC is funding a public relations campaign in favor of the good work of state employees.
b. SUOAF-AFSCME President (F. Bonvicini)
- Senator Bonvincini reported:
- Senator Hicks reported that members attended both the SEBAC and CSU meetings.
c. President of the Senate (C. Barrington)
- President Barrington made the following announcements:
- The Registrar will be holding open sessions to discuss block scheduling: look for emails.
- The BOT’s next meeting will be at CCSU, Wednesday 2/10/10 in Alumnae Hall at 11 am.
- President Miller will be holding two open forums this semester; Wednesday 2/24 at 11 am, and Tuesday 4/6 at 3:30 pm, both in the Connecticut Dining Room.
- Senate Committee reports will be scheduled throughout the semester meeting schedules.
2. Minutes of 12/7/09 were moved for approval by Senator Abadiano. (Passed)
a. *Information Technology: Computer Security Statement:*
- R. Cernock reviewed the history of laptop security, presented a summary of the new policy and answered questions form the floor. The policy covers all transporting of student grades off campus. Many concerns were expressed by faculty regarding the impact on faculty workload. There will be online workshops for faculty wishing to use online mobile devices.
4. Unfinished Business:
a. CSU System Office & CSU BOT:
- President Barrington reported that she would be sending out documents to members updating the status of these important issues. She reminded members of the importance of being well prepared for the next BOT meeting that would be held on campus.
5. New Business:
- Senator Glagovich moved to adjourn. (Passed)