CCSU Faculty Senate
Minutes—November 23, 2009
VAC 105 3:00 PM
Note: Senate Constitution, Bylaws, Meeting Dates, Agenda and Minutes are posted on the CCSU Pipeline under Faculty Resources/Faculty Senate.
Next Meeting of the Faculty Senate is on December 7, 2009, 3pm, Vance.
Present: Abadiano, H., Alewitz, M., Al-Masoud, N., Barr, B., Barrington, C., Bernstein, S., Bigley, M.P., Button, C., Crespi, C., Czyrnik, K., DelAma, J., Delventhal, T., Dziuda, D., Eustis, K., Foshay, J., Glagovich, N., Hicks, L., Horan, M., Iglesias, E., Jarmoszko, T., Kapper, M., Karpuk, P., Koh, K., Larsen, K., Latour, F., Laurent, L., Leake, M., Liard-Muriente, C., Love, K., Mamed, O., Mendez- Mendez, S., Mione, T., Mitchell, M., Mulcahy, C., Mulrooney, J., O’Connor, J., Park, M., Percy, V., Poppe, K., Ratansi, S., Sanders, D., Sarisley, E., Sikorski, J., Sims, D., Spector, D., Strickland, A., Tomoda, S., Trieu, V., Wang, W., Wood, R., Zidani-Eroglu, L.,
Ex-Officio: Lovitt, C., Sakofs, M., Pease, S., Shojai, S., Kremens, Z.
Parliamentarian: Dimmick, C.
Guests: Jones, J., Alling, A., Grasso, L., Herman, D.
a. AAUP President (J. Jones)
- President Jones reminded the members of the December 8 Chapter Meeting and Social. The topic of discussion will be the Campus Equity Report.
b. SUOAF-AFSCME President (F. Bonvicini)
- No announcements.
c. President of the Senate (C. Barrington)
- President Barrington announced the new date for the next Presidential Open Forum: Tuesday, December 8 at 11:00 a.m. in the Constitution Room.
2. Minutes of 11/09/09 were moved for approval by Senator Abadiano. (Passed)
- M. Salinas briefly reviewed the contents and highlights of the report for the previous academic year and discussed the focus for next year’s objectives. He answered questions from the Senate.
*b. UPBC Update:
- L. Grasso reviewed the report and outlined the need and purpose of the proposed format for project proposals. After some discussion, it was agreed that the project guidelines would be put on the next Senate agenda for consideration of Faculty Senate endorsement.
c. ITC Update:
- D. Herman presented the revised procedures and timeline for classroom and laboratory use software requests.
4. Unfinished Business:
*a. Constitution and By-Laws Revision:
- Discussion of this item was deferred until a later meeting. Senator Spector was asked to incorporate the proposed changes into the actual documents for Senate review.
- J. Foshay announced the nominees from the nomination period and requested additional nominations from the floor. There being none, a paper ballot election was conducted from the four candidates. Parker English was elected to serve on the CCSU Foundation Board of Director
5. New Business:
a. CCSU Magnet School:
- Provost Lovitt discussed a possible magnet school as one of many strategic objectives for the University. His office will coordinate and investigate the options for location, funding and the community needs to be served, with the objective of presenting to the CSU System Office and BOT. It is anticipated that is would be a high school of about 300 students, managed by CREC.
- Senator Mulrooney moved to adjourn. (Passed)