You are Being Redirected to the Financial Aid Site

Financial Aid Disbursement



Students are "packaged" with financial aid up to the Estimated Cost of Attendance. The Estimated Cost of Attendance provides allowances for the direct educational expenses (tuition, fees, and on-campus housing) and indirect educational expenses (like books, supplies, travel, and off-campus housing).


If students take advantage of all aid offered, they may have a moderate amount of aid in excess of what is owed to the university to help provide money for off campus rent, books, supplies, or other indirect educational expenses. If the amount of the total aid accepted does not cover the tuition and fees due, the student is responsible for paying the balance due (shown on the electronic fee invoice).



When can I expect my FINANCIAL AID REFUND


For those students with enough aid to pay for tuition, fees, and campus housing, the earliest you should expect a financial aid refund for the fall or spring semesters is a week after the drop and add period has ended.  For Summer Aid refunds are issued based on session registration.


Excess aid disbursement also depends on several other factors...




If financial aid is not being credited on your bill as you expect, it is likely because the student has a record hold, has not accepted loan eligibility, has not had a parent loan officially processed, or is not officially registered for enough credit hours.




Before disbursing any funds to a student, the Bursar's Office credits available financial aid funds to the student's account in the following sequence:

  1. Fees and tuition

  2. University housing expenses (not applicable to students living off campus)

If aid funds remain after these accounts are paid for the semester, the Bursar's Office will disburse the excess aid to the student (assuming they have confirmed their enrollment).



Direct Deposit Speeds Up Aid Payment!


The Bursar disburses aid in one of two ways; as a direct deposit to the bank account of your choosing, or in the form of a paper check sent to a local address. Students who set up direct deposit have access to their funds sooner than those waiting for paper checks to be produced and mailed by the Bursar. We encourage you to select direct deposit by completing the direct deposit forms available in the Central Pipeline for Students system, or call the Bursar at (860) 832-2010 for details.  Direct deposits can be made to virtually any U.S. bank or credit union account that you choose. Use Central Pipeline for Students to keep your local address up to date





Federal Work-Study program funds must be earned through part-time employment with a work-study eligible employer before they are paid.  Students working under the program receive a regular biweekly paycheck from CCSU for all hours worked during the preceding pay period. Federal Work Study funds are not credited to what the student may owe the University nor or earnings withheld to pay tuition, fees or housing.



Funds from private scholarships or other awards should be sent by the donor to the Bursar. The funds are credited to the student's University account and disbursed in the same way as CCSU scholarships or grants.  Private awards are not credited prior to receipt of funds from the donor.


Private award checks should be sent to: Bursar's Office, Central Connecticut State University Memorial Hall, Room 104; New Britain, CT 06050-4010.


The check should include the student's full name, CCSU ID number, and special instructions for disbursement on a letter or form accompanying the check. The donor should make the check payable to CCSU, if possible and should indicate the donor's name on the check.


Although checks are accepted year-round, private awards should be sent before July 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester to appear as a credit on the fee invoice.


Private scholarship checks should not be mailed with the student's fee bill; checks should be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office at the Central Connecticut State University, Memorial Hall, Room 103; New Britain, CT 06050.



If you have questions about the disbursement, authorization, or use of funds, contact the Financial Aid Office.

Bursar Office Link



Blue Chip Advance




Posting Financial Aid to eBill

When a student's financial aid award has been accepted and signed, the accepted aid is posted as a credit in the student's eBill account. However, if all requested verification and other documents have not been submitted to the Financial Aid Office the aid will not be credited. This may result with the student being responsible for paying any outstanding charges on the eBill account. Failure to pay may result in a late fee, cancellation of classes and housing and a hold on the account.


Disbursing Financial Aid

Financial aid will be disbursed when funds from the contributing sources have been paid to the university. Disbursement of funds begins following the drop-add period.



Disbursement of financial aid requires that all financial aid requirements have been met and will begin the week following the end of the drop-add period of each semester,



All grants, scholarships, and loans awarded are posted directly to the student's CCSU bill as credits. Parent Plus loans are not, but may be when the financial aid office receives a signed promissory note and approval notice from the lender.



Students who have accepted grants can expect disbursement to begin the week after the drop-add period of the semester ends.


All first time borrowers of federal direct Stafford loans must complete an entrance counseling interview and master promissory note on line at In addition, all Perkins loan borrowers must complete a master promissory note, an entrance counseling interview, and test at Federal and private originated loan funds are transferred by electronic processing. Disbursement may begin upon receipt of the funds from the lender.