Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy campus environment. On our campus, smoking is prohibited everywhere on the campus--other than in five designated areas. Those are Kaiser Parking Lot and four smoking hut locations.
Smoking Hut Locations
- Willard - DiLoreto Parking Lot
- Behind Copernicus Hall
- Between the Student Center and Welte Hall
- Next to Sam May Residence Hall
*This policy applies to students, employees, contractors, and campus visitors.
Signs of Tobacco/Nicotine Issues
- Use of nicotine within 20 minutes of awakening
- Spending too much time and/or money on nicotine products
- Mental health and/or health issues related to nicotine use
Concerns for Yourself
- Seek professional help at Student Wellness Services. Services are FREE and confidential.
- You are not alone, although it may feel that way
- Find ways to distract yourself from nicotine/tobacco. Hang out with friends who don't smoke
- Assess your relationship with nicotine/tobacco-how is it affecting work, school and relationships?
- Make it inconvenient to smoke/vape-keep it in the trunk of your car
Concerns for Another
- If you believe another person is having a problem with nicotine/tobacco, urge them to get help
- Provide support in attending events that don't include the use of nicotine/tobacco such as Devil's Den @ 10
- Seek advice from professionals at Student Wellness Services Counseling
- Don't let their use become your problem-don't let yourself become the caretaker
- CCSU Student Wellness Services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association (SAMHSA)
- CT Quit Now Hotline 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Quit Smoking Support
- Free Stop Smoking Programs