Travel to Canada, Mexico and Adjacent Islands

Students traveling to Canada should check with the Canadian Embassy for Canadian visa requirement.

Students traveling to Mexico should check with the Mexican Embassy for Mexican visa requirement.


Adjacent Islands are:

Automatic Revalidation of Visa

If your F-1 or J-1 visa has expired and you are planning to travel to Canada or Mexico or the adjacent Islands for less than 30 days, you may be eligible for automatic visa revalidation. You will be allowed to re-enter the U.S with your valid Form I-20 or DS-2019 (endorsed by the Immigration Specialist for travel), without applying for a new visa. Provided that: