Email Etiquette for Distribution Lists
There has been a growing use of email to announce campus events. Email can be an effective way to reach the members of the campus community. However, excessive or casual use of distribution lists can have some undesirable side effects. Out of respect for the campus community, please use the following guidelines when sending such messages to large distribution lists.
should be limited in size and contain text only. They should not contain attachments or images/pictures.
2) Be sure the message is of broad interest to the targeted audience.
3) Clearly state the topic of the message in the subject line.
4) Limit the information to campus
business and campus events only.
Please use other forms of media for
5) Address your response to the sender only. Use "reply to all" sparingly.
6) Please keep messages brief and to the point.