Identity Finder for Mac Download
(For faculty and staff on campus only)
Identity Finder is a software tool that helps prevident identity theft by locating files containing PII (personally identifiable information) on your computer, network share drives, and external media. The Identity Finder tools allows you take actions on files such as shredding the files, moving them to a quarantine location, or scrubbing the PII data from them. For more information, visit www.ccsu.edu/idfinder.
- Your computer must have OS X version 10.5.8 or later.
- You must have at least 100 megabytes of free space on your hard drive.
Before you start the installation of Identity Finder:
- You must be logged in to a computer on the campus network with your BlueNet Account.
- You must close all open applications.
- You must start the installation at a time when you will not need to use your computer. (Note: The installation may take up to 1 hour, so it is suggested that you start it before you go to lunch or before you leave the office for the day).
To begin the installation of Identity Finder:
- Click on the Download Identity Finder for Mac link below.
- Enter your BlueNet account username and password and the installation package will begin downloading.
- Once the download is complete, the Installation wizard will open. Click on the Continue button and follow the on-screen instructions to install Identity Finder.
If you have any questions regarding Identity Finder, please call the Help Desk at 860-832-1720.
Download Identity Finder for Mac