NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
Contact the IT Help Desk
Report Abuse: To report any kind of improper usage of our systems or any campus technology, please click here to send us a notification.
Like us on
|Follow us on
Part-time Faculty Loan ProgramDue to limited available office space on campus for Part-time faculty, the University has devised a "Part-time Faculty Computer Loan" program just for you! You are eligible to borrow a used computer from the University to bring home for University business. Computers will be preloaded with Microsoft Office.
Obtaining a computer:
- Contact the IT Help Desk at (860)832-1720 and request a computer as part of the Part-time Faculty Computer Loan Program. Once your request is processed, an IT staff member will e-mail you with the information you need, including the state asset tag of the computer, so that you can complete the “Off Campus Equipment Loan” form.
- Complete the “Off Campus Equipment Loan” form and obtain signatures from your Academic Department Chair (Department Head) and School Dean (Vice President). The form can be printed from: http://www.ccsu.edu/admaffairs/forms.htm in either Word or PDF format.
- Once you have the completed form with signatures, contact the IT Help Desk to schedule an appointment to pick up the computer.
- Pick up the computer at the appointed time. Information Technology is located in the lower level of Henry Barnard Hall, Room 019. The closest parking is the West Garage.
Returning the computer:
- Obtain your Department Head’s signature on Section 2 of the Off-Campus Equipment Loan form.
- Contact Inventory/Property Control at (860)832-2358 or (860)832-2321 to coordinate a time to return the equipment.
- Return the equipment to Inventory/Property Control located in East Hall.
Please note: Once you call the IT Help Desk, a computer will be temporarily assigned to you for two weeks while the necessary paperwork is completed. Should you not complete the paperwork within this timeframe the computer will be allocated back to the pool of available computers for other part-time faculty.
Dell GX270 PC
- 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4
- 1.0 GB RAM
- 120 GB Hard Drive
- CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive
- Floppy Drive
- Zip Drive
- 2 Front USB Ports
- 6 Rear USB Ports
- 1 Ethernet Port
- 2 PS/2 Ports
- 1 Parallel Port
- 1 Serial Port
- Headphone Jack
- Microsoft Windows XP w/SP2
- Software: Microsoft Office Enterprise edition, McAfee Antivirus, Roxio Creator Home
- 17" Flat Panel Monitor
- Mouse pad
- Power cords for PC and Monitor
- Surge protector
Note: These computers do not include a wireless network card, dial-up modem, or printer.