Faculty and staff may use the Outlook 2007/2010 client from a home or portable computer to access your CCSU e-mail account. You must have a high-speed Internet connection. To configure the Outlook 2007/2010 client:|
- Click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, double-click the Mail icon:
- If you have a Mail profile on your computer, the Mail Setup dialog box will open - continue with Step 3 below.
- If you do not have a Mail profile on your computer, the Mail dialog box will open. Click on the 'Add' button and type the word Default in the Profile Name field, then click on OK and continue with Step 5 below.
- Click on the E-mail Accounts button and the E-mail Accounts dialog box will open.
- Click on the 'New' button, then select "Microsoft Exchange Server" and click on the 'Next' button.
- From the Auto Account Setup dialog box, enter your name, e-mail address, and BlueNet Account password, then click on Next.
- When prompted, enter your BlueNet Account username, prefixed by the domain (ccsu_comp_srv\ for faculy/staff), and password, then click on OK.
- Outlook will proceed to configure your e-mail account. This may take several minutes.
- When Outlook has finished configuring your e-mail account, you will receive a "Congratulations" message. Click on Finish. Outlook will open (you may be prompted to log in again - see Step 6 for how to enter your username) and sychronize your mail folders (this process may take several minutes).
To use the Outlook 2007/2010 client, open Outlook 2007/2010:
- Enter your BlueNet Account username, prefixed by your corresponding domain (ccsu_comp_srv\ for faculy/staff).
- Enter your BlueNet Account password.
- Click on OK. Outlook 2007/2010 will open and synchronize your mail folders.