IT Self-Help: Java Update for Banner Production (INB)
To install the Java update for Banner Production (INB):
- Open Internet Explorer and access Banner Production (INB) at www.ccsu.edu/banner.
- You will receive a prompt that the website wants install the Java Plug-in. If you receive a message about the Information Bar, click on Close.
- Click on the yellow Information Bar, then click on Install ActiveX Control.
- At the Security Warning prompt, click on the Install button.
- At the Java Setup Welcome screen, click on the Install button. If you receive a message that there is another installation in progress, click on the Retry button.
Once the Java installation is complete, you will receive a notification. Click on the Close button.
- At the prompt regarding the digital signature, verify that "Always trust content from this publisher" is checked, then click on the Run button.
Java is now updated and you will be prompted to log in to Banner Production (INB). If you experience any problems with the installation or accessing Banner after the update, please contact the IT Help Desk at 860-832-1720.