IT Self-Help: Upgrading Entourage for an Exchange 2007 Mailbox
Information Technology is in the process of upgrading faculty and staff e-mail boxes to the new Exchange 2007 server.
For Mac/Entourage users, we need to coordinate the upgrade of your mailbox because it requires you to install the Entourage 2008 Web Services plug-in and update settings in Entourage. Before using these instructions, you must request to have your mailbox upgraded to Exchange 2007 using our online system.
**Important** Please verify that you are using Entourage 2008 (click on the Entourage menu, then About Entourage). If you are using an older version of Entourage, please call the IT Help Desk at 860-832-1720 for assistance with upgrading to Entourage 2008.
Step 1: Update Office 2008
- Open Entourage.
- Click on Help, then Check for Updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete all required updates.
- Close all applications, then proceed to "Step 2: Export Entourage Data."
Step 2: Export Entourage Data
Follow these steps to create a complete backup file of your Entourage mailbox. When you upgrade to Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition all of your e-mail should import automatically, but it is recommended that you create a backup.
- Click on File, then Export.
- Do not change any of the default Export settings; click on the right arrow to continue.
- At the Delete Archived Items screen, select "No, keep the the items in Entourage after they are archived"; click on the right arrow to continue.
- On the Save dialog box, type a file name for your archive file and select a destination folder then click on Save.
- Once the export has completed, you will receive a confirmation dialog box. Click on Done, then proceed to "Step 3: Download Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition."
Step 3: Download Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition
- Open your web browser and navigate to www.ccsu.edu/its/downloads.
- Click on Entourage Web Services plug-in, then click on Save.
- Save the file to your Desktop.
Step 4: Install Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition
- Open the Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition package, then double-click the Installer.
- At the warning dialog box, click on Continue.
- At the Introduction screen, click on Continue.
- At the Read Me screen, click on Continue.
- At the License screen, click on Continue then click on Agree.
- At the Compatibility dialog box, click on Continue then click on Continue again.
- At the Select a Destination screen, click on your computer's hard drive, then click on Continue.
- At the Installation Type screen, click on Install.
- Enter the username and password that you use to log into your computer, then click on OK.
- The installation will begin. This will take up to 10 minutes to complete. Once the installation is complete, you will receive an "Install Succeeded" message. Click on Close, then proceed to "Step 5: Set up Entourage."
Step 5: Set Up Entourage
- Open Entourage. At the Welcome screen, select "Import from a previous version of Entourage" then click on the right arrow to continue.
- At the Import from Entourage screen, select Entourage 2008 then click on the right arrow to continue.
- At the Import Items screen, verify that all items are checked then click on the right arrow to continue.
- At the Select an Identity screen, select Main Identity (or the one with the most recent Date Modified) then click on the right arrow to continue.
- Entourage will begin importing your data. You will be prompted to log in. Enter ccsu_comp_srv as the Domain, and your BlueNet account username and password, then click on OK.
- Once the import is complete, you will receive an Import Complete screen. Click on Finish to start using Entourage.
If all of your e-mail did not automatically import, click here for instructions on importing the archive file you created in "Step 2: Export Entourage Data."
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at 860-832-1720.