PC: Internet Explorer, Firefox
Mac: Firefox, Safari
Need Technical Support?
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday - Thursday
7:30am - 8pm
7:30am - 5pm
To access your e-bill, registration, grades, financial aid:
Click on CentralPipeline Students, then WebCentral-Banner Web and log in with your BlueNet account.
What is CentralPipeline?
CentralPipeline is a web portal page that provides you with access to key systems and other information. You determine which system you need to use and log directly in to that system using your BlueNet Account username and password. News and other important information will also be displayed directly on the CentralPipeline home page. Your CentralPipeline portal web page is accessible from the CCSU home page, by clicking on CentralPipeline for Students or CentralPipeline for Faculty/Staff. It is also accessible by clicking on the Current Students or Faculty & Staff links from the CCSU home page.
Use your BlueNet account username and password to access these web-based systems from the CentralPipeline homepage:
- WebCentral-Banner Web Services - students use this system for course registration, grades and transcripts, e-billing, and financial aid; faculty members use this system for student advising and grading. This system is also used to add money to your Blue Chip card debit account.
- Blackboard Learn - used for course materials.
- On-Line Card Office - used to check the balance of your Blue Chip card debit account, view transaction history, and report a lost or stolen card.
- Outlook Web Mail - used to access your CCSU-managed e-mail account.
- Remote Application Server - used to access software applications, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and certain academic software.
If you need a BlueNet account, or have forgotten your username or password, visit the Accounts Management system.
Why doesn't the lock appear on the login page to show that this is a secure site?
The CentralPipeline home page is a web page that provides you with access to key systems. Once you are logged in to any system, such as WebCentral-Banner Web Services, Blackboard Learn, or the On-Line Card Office, HTTPS communication is used and your access is secure.
What web browsers are supported by CentralPipeline and online systems such as WebCentral-Banner Web and Blackboard Learn?
|Operating System||Internet Explorer*||Firefox**||Safari***||Chrome, Netscape, Opera|
|Windows||9 or later||21 or later||Not Supported||Not Supported|
|Mac OS X||Not Supported||21 or later||5.1 and up||Not Supported|
* To use the Internet Explorer web browser to access your e-bill from WebCentral-Banner Web, you must either turn off pop-up blockers or add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu
- Click on Pop-Up Blocker:
- To turn off the pop-up blocker, click on Turn-off Pop-up blocker.
- To add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up, click on Pop-up Blocker settings, click in the , "Address of WebSite to Allow" field, type ssb.ccsu.edu, click on Add and .then Close.
** To use the Firefox web browser to access your e-bill from WebCentral-Banner Web, you must either turn off pop-up blockers or add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up:
- Open Firefox and click on the Firefox menu.
- Click on Options (Windows) or Preferences (Mac).
- Click on the Content button:
- To turn off the pop-up blocker, uncheck the box next to Block pop-up windows.
- To add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up, click on the Exceptions button, type ssb.ccsu.edu and click on Allow, then Close.
- Click on OK.
*** To use the Safari web browser to access your e-bill from WebCentral-Banner Web, you must turn off pop-up blockers and change the browser setting to always accept cookies. Accepting all cookies could be a security risk, so if you are not comfortable with doing this then you should use the Firefox web browser.
To always accept cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu, click on Preferences.
- Click on the Security icon.
- Select Always next to Accept Cookies.
- Click on the Close button.
To turn off pop-up blockers in Safari:
- From the Safari menu, verify that Block Pop-Up Windows does not have a check next to it. If it does have a check, click on it to uncheck it.
What is a BlueNet Account and how do I get a one?
A BlueNet Account is a unique username and password assigned to each faculty, staff, and student at CCSU. Your BlueNet Account is used to access computing services both on and off campus; it is the only account you need to access most of our computer resources. Use your BlueNet Account to access computers on campus, WebCentral-Banner Web, Blackboard Learn, and many other web-based systems.
Students instructions for getting a BlueNet Account:
To activate your BlueNet Account, visit the Accounts Management web site located at https://accounts.ccsu.edu/. You will need to know your 8-digit ID number to activate an account. If we do not have your social security number on file, you will need an Activation PIN. Please contact the IT Help Desk at 860-832-1720 to obtain the Activation PIN.
Faculty/Staff instructions for getting a BlueNet Account:
Your BlueNet Account is the same computer network account (formerly known as an NT account) you use to connect to the campus network. If you do not have a BlueNet Account, you must complete the BlueNet Account Request form. The form can be brought to the IT Main Office or faxed in. You will be contacted once your BlueNet Account request has been processed with instructions on how to activate your BlueNet Account.
If I already have a BlueNet Account, how do I find out my username?
You may use the Accounts Management web site located at https://accounts.ccsu.edu/ to find out your username and reset your password. You will need to know your 8-digit ID number to find out your username.
How do I reset my account password?
You may use the Accounts Management web site located at https://accounts.ccsu.edu/ to reset your password. You will need to know your 8-digit ID number to reset your password.
Why does my BlueNet Account password expire every 120 days?
For security reasons, everyone is forced to change their passwords every 120 days. In the event that someone learns your password, they can access your personal information and can possibly make changes to it and/or use your identity for undesirable purposes. The more often you change your password, the more secure your account and personal information will be.
How can I avoid having my BlueNet Account password expire?
You will receive a warning about your expiration each time you log into a PC on campus. These warnings start 7 days before the expiration and continue each day until the expiration date. You will also receive an email from CCSU Accounts Management one week before password expiration.It is advisable for you to change your password as soon as you see this warning or receive the email. You will avoid password expiration by changing your password on a regular basis. You don't have to wait the 120 days, you can reset it at any time. After you reset your password, your new password will last for 120 days after the day you change it.
If you miss (or ignore) the warnings, the password will automatically expire. The next time you attempt to log into a web-based system after your password has expired, you will get a Failed Login (Username/Password pair not found error). If this happens, you will need to reset your password at https://accounts.ccsu.edu/.
What is WebCentral - Banner Web Services?
WebCentral-Banner Web is a web-based system used to perform important tasks.
For students, WebCentral-Banner Web is the system you use to:
- register for classes
- view your schedule
- view grades and transcripts
- view and pay e-bills
- pay admissions and housing deposits
- add money to your Blue Chip card debit account
- access financial aid information
- view a degree evaluation
- waive sickness insurance
- view and update personal and emergency contact information
For faculty, WebCentral-Banner Web is the system you use to:
- record final grades
- view your schedule
- view student schedules
- view student records
- access advising information such as degree evaluations and alternate PINs
- add money to your Blue Chip card debit account
- view your personal information
I am taking an OnlineCCSU course. Where are my class materials and how do I access them?
All OnlineCCSU courses are available via the Blackboard Learn course management system. Click on the Blackboard Learn link from the CentralPipeline home page, and log in with your BlueNet account username and password. This will take you directly to your Blackboard Learn course listing.
What is My.CCSU?
My.CCSU is the e-mail system for all CCSU students. My.CCSU is powered by Microsoft Office 365. Your My.CCSU account will provide you with a lifetime mailbox and access to Microsoft Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote). Your My.CCSU e-mail account will end with @my.ccsu.edu and is accessible from http://my.ccsu.edu. Additional information regarding My.CCSU e-mail can be found at www.ccsu.edu/myccsu and additional information regarding Office 365 can be found at www.ccsu.edu/pipeline/office365.asp.
How do I access My.CCSU e-mail?
How do I access my CCSU-managed e-mail (Faculty and Staff)?
Microsoft Outlook (PC)
Many computers on campus, such as those in offices, at the Marcus White Computer Lab or in computer-equipped classrooms, will allow you to log in with your BlueNet Account and view your e-mail using the full version of Microsoft Outlook.
Outlook Web Access (OWA)
View your e-mail from any computer (PC or Mac) with Internet access:
- Open your web browser and navigate to https://webmail.ccsu.edu.
- Enter your BlueNet Account username and password.
- Click on the Log On button. Outlook Web Access opens and your CCSU e-mail is displayed.
Remote Application Server
You can also use the remote application server to access Microsoft Outlook from any computer with an Internet connection. To access the Remote Application Server, visit https://apps.ccsu.edu .
How do I register for classes?
Click on the WebCentral - Banner Web Services link from the CentralPipeline home page and log in with your BlueNet account username and password. Go to the Student tab and click on the "Registration, Add/Drop Classes" link. For detailed instructions on registering for class, click here.
I am a faculty member - how do I enter final grades?
Click on the WebCentral - Banner Web Services link from the CentralPipeline home page and log in with your BlueNet account username and password. Go to the Faculty tab and click on the "Final Grades" link. For detailed instructions on using WebCentral, click here.
Who do I call for help?
The IT Help Desk is available for technical assistance. They can be reached at 860-832-1720 or email@example.com. You can also obtain support at the Student Technology Center (aka Marcus White Computer Lab).