Fall Hours are posted below!
Fall Hours are posted below!
About Fitness Classes
All classes are held in Memorial Hall Fitness Studio.
Fitness programs are offered by RECentral in order to improve the health and wellness of all members of the CCSU community. We believe that offering convenient and no-cost programs and facilities will enhance the overall atmosphere here on campus. Students, faculty and staff will be able to perform better, both mentally and physically as a result of our efforts.
RECentral Office: 860-832-3732
Facebook: Recentral At CCSU
All undergraduate and graduate matriculated students can attend classes or facilities with a valid Blue Chip Card.
All CCSU staff and faculty can attend classes or facilities with a valid Blue Chip Card.
Proper workout clothing are required as well as proper sneakers.
Please arrive a few minutes early to class if your schedule allows it. Equipment is provided for you. We do recommend bringing your own yoga mat if you have one for Yoga, Pilates, and Bootcamp classes. Water is a must to bring for all classes.
All fitness classes are first come, first serve. In the case of extremely large attendance, our instructors have the right to turn people away, ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment for all participants.
We will always try our hardest to make sure our fitness classes take place according to our most current schedule. However, we ask our participants to recognize that the majority of our instructors are students, and sometimes conflicts will arise that force us to cancel certain classes from time to time. Be aware that in most cases this will happen for classes in which we have only one qualified instructor, such as Yoga, Aquatone, and Self-Defense, where there are no substitutes available. In these instances, our schedule is such that there are plenty of other opportunities offered each day that a cancelled class could be a great opportunity to try something new!
No later than an hour ahead of time, cancellations will be posted on our website, Facebook (add us as a friend!), emailed out (join our mailing list), and throughout the fitness centers. Is this your first time in group fitness?
Tips for Beginners
- What’s group fitness all about? The idea behind group fitness is to work out in a fun and motivating environment. Working out in a group helps you to stay motivated by feeding off the energy of the class, and you’re more likely to keep coming back by developing relationships with other participants.
- Check out our variety of beginner classes offered weekly! Currently we offer intro Bootcamp, intro Indoor Cycling, and intro Cardio Dance. These classes are 30 minutes in length and the instructor offers additional tips and support for participants.
- Can’t make it to a beginner class? Introduce yourself to your instructor and let him or her know you are new so they can provide you with modifications throughout the workout. Most classes will always be suited to a variety of skill levels.
- It’s an hour before class, what do I do? Come already hydrated and eat a light snack to keep you energized throughout your workout. We recommend peanut butter crackers, granola bars, bananas, and other fruits.
- Should I show up right when the class starts? No, you should arrive a few minutes early to meet the instructor. For cycling you should arrive 10 minutes early so we can fit you to your bike.
- Make sure you bring water.
- What do I wear? Wear comfortable clothes and sneakers.
- Where do I go? Yes, Kaiser is confusing. Stop by the RECentral office in Kaiser 044 to get the full tour.
- Nervous? Bring a friend!