The School of Education and Professional Studies (SEPS) at Central Connecticut State University has chosen to partner with Taskstream for assessment, accreditation, and continuous improvement.
Taskstream advances effective assessment to improve student learning and institutional quality. Taskstream provides online solutions and supporting services to plan and manage assessment processes and demonstrate both student learning achievement and institutional effectiveness for continuous improvement and accreditation.
What does this mean for you and our community?
With Taskstream, you have access to a rich set of capabilities that supports your education in meaningful ways, not just a place to turn in assignments. Here are just some of the things you can do with your Taskstream account:
- Reflect on your learning experiences inside and outside of the classroom and personal growth over time regarding the knowledge and skills you are expected to master as a result of your education.
- Receive rich feedback from others, beyond course grades, for helping you improve in the areas that matter most for your discipline and general education.
- Turn your work into multiple high-impact online portfolios that showcase your experience, skills, and achievements through a variety of media for employers, instructors, and others.
- Maintain a record of work samples and accomplishments even after you graduate.
- Contribute to the accreditation and improvement of your program and institution -- the data the institution collects from scoring their work can be used to assess effectiveness and inform improvement.
Students - Accessing Your Taskstream Account
All students within the School of Education and Professional Studies and those in programs leading to teacher certification will be required to submit electronic evidences at various points in their training. Therefore, a Taskstream account is required for all students.
Students can purchase a Taskstream account by visiting https://www.taskstream.com/pub/Enroll/ and following the instructions below:
- Click on "create a new Taskstream subscription" at the top of the screen and "continue" after Option 1.
- Answer on-screen questions. After selecting your university, you will be prompted to select your "school." Please select School of Education and Professional Studies. Under group, select "Students."
- Select subscription rate that best fits your needs. Although you can pay each semester as you go through the program, it is cheaper to purchase an account for all of the anticipated semesters you are at CCSU.
Taskstream helps you derive more value from your assessment work so that you can focus on your students and improvements you can make to your courses that lead to better teaching and learning, not just address the requirements of external accreditors. With Taskstream, you can:
- Encourage students to reflect on their learning experiences inside and outside of the classroom and personal growth over time regarding the knowledge and skills they are expected to master as a result of your education.
- Provide students with the ability to build high-impact online e-portfolios that showcase their experience, skills, and achievements through a variety of media for employers, instructors, and others.
- Easily find work that your students have submitted for review, score it, and provide your students with rich feedback using custom rubrics and forms.
- Access real-time dashboards and approachable reports to see how your students are performing against the intended learning outcomes so you can identify appropriate strategies to help them improve.
For faculty accounts, please contact Dr. Mel Horton (firstname.lastname@example.org) to create your account and access Taskstream.
Resources & Support
Taskstream provides unlimited support for all users seven days a week and Mentoring Services is happy to answer any questions that you may have. You can contact them directly at email@example.com or 800-311-5656. You can also view more information about Taskstream by visiting www.taskstream.com.