Academic Ally Program
The School of Business has implemented an Academic Ally Program to address the academic achievement gap among students; particularly those students with a grade point average (GPA) between 2.0 and 2.5. The School is inviting applications from students who meet the following requirements:
- A GPA of 3.2 or higher;
- Successful completion of the eight pre-major business classes;
- Qualified for admission to upper-division status in the School of Business;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to listen and understand the academic needs of mentees;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Knowledge of CCSU and the academic support resources available;
- Availability to work flexible hours;
- The ability to serve as a role model;
- Available to attend evening training sessions during August 2013 (dates to be announced);
- A letter of recommendation from a School of Business faculty member;
- An interview.
Allies will receive a $500 stipend upon successful conclusion of all meetings with your assigned participants each semester. A Certificate of Leadership will be issued to Allies at the end of training.
Qualified applicants must complete an Academic Ally Application and provide a letter of recommendation from a School of Business professor using the Faculty Recommendation Form. The application deadline is July 5th, 2013 by 5:00 PM. All application materials need to be submitted to Ms. Jordan Lodice in the School of Business, Vance Academic Center Room 216.