Below is a list of topics of the most frequently asked questions made to the Student Affairs Office. Please click on a topic to see more information. If you have any further questions or would like a topic to be added to this list, please contact our office at (860) 832-1601 or email us.



Regular class attendance is expected by the University. The following attendance policies are in effect:

  • A student is responsible for class attendance, although each instructor should establish his/her policy and inform the class.
  • A student is responsible for notifying his/her instructor by email of the absence.
  • A student absent from class for five (5) consecutive days or less should, upon return, explain the absence to the instructor.
  • A student absent from class for more than five (5) days, who has not been seen as a patient in the University Health Service for the evaluation of the illness, should submit verification of the absence from his/her physician to the Office of Student Affairs. Notification of a student's absence will be relayed to the appropriate professor(s) only if a physician's verification is submitted at the time of the request for notification.
  • The University Health Service will forward a medical excuse to the Office of Student Affairs in only those cases in which a student was seen in Health Services and the medical recovery or contagiousness of the patient/student warrants an absence from classes.
  • Make-up work is the responsibility of the student.

It is the student's responsibility to obtain class notes, make up missed work, etc. Make-up exams are scheduled at the convenience of the instructor.

Please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs with any questions regarding missed classes or to request an absence notice. Please note: Any and all excused absences must have proper documentation and must be brought to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs immediately following the absence or before a scheduled absence.

Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
Phone: (860) 832-1601
Fax: (860) 832-1610
Davidson Hall, Room 103

Adding/Dropping a Course

Adding a Course: You can add courses to your schedule during the Add/Drop period through the first four days of classes. This can occur only in courses where there are vacancies.

Dropping a Course: Dropping courses will be allowed up to the end of the chronological midpoint in the course being attempted, with the exception that full-time undergraduate students must maintain a minimum credit load of 12 credits. Courses dropped before mid-point do not appear on the student's transcript. Forms are available in the Registrar's Office, Davidson Hall, Rm. 116.

Undergraduate full-time students for whom dropping a course would reduce their credit load to fewer than 12 credits MUST apply for withdrawal from that course. (Follow the same procedure as forWithdrawal from Courses.)

Should you have any questions regarding the Add/Drop process, please contact the Registrar's Office:

Registrar's Office
Phone: (860) 832-2236
Fax: (860) 832-2250
Davidson Hall, Room 116

Current course listings can be accessed by clicking on the link below:

Course Listings
Billing (Bursar)

What is the balance of my bill?
There are two easy ways to instantly check your outstanding balance on "CentralPipeline for Students," view ebill:

ONLINE - Visit the link below to access your bill as well as other valuable information such as your course scheduled and semester grades. Be sure to have your Social Security and PIN number handy. If you need to reset you PIN number please contact the Registrar's office.

ON CAMPUS - Visit one of our thirteen automated information kiosks. Central Pipeline kiosks are powerful information stations. From a kiosk, you can instantly access the CCSU homepage and all of its links. Log into CentralPipeline, and even print. These hardworking machines are a convenient resource for students on the go.

KIOSK Locations

  • Barnard Hall- 2nd floor
  • Copernicus Hall- South side of building
  • Davidson Hall- First floor main hallway & near Registrar's Office
  • DiLoreto Hall- 2nd floor
  • Elihu Burritt Library- 2nd floor entrance
  • Kaiser Hall- Main entrance
  • Maria Sanford Hall- First floor
  • Memorial Hall- 1st floor and 2nd floor
  • Student Center- Near the information desk
  • Vance Academic Center- Ground level, 1st floor, 2nd floor, and 4th floor

I have a question about my bill. Who do I talk to?
This depends on the nature of your question. If you have a question that pertains to a scholarship, grant, or loan, you should contact the Financial Aid Office at (860) 832-2200. If you have questions about the Central Payment Plan (CPP), Meal Plan, or have general questions regarding your bill, please contact the Bursar's Office.

Bursar's Office
Phone: (860) 832-2010
Fax: (860) 832-2173
Davidson Hall, Room 221

Blue Chip Card/Student ID

The Blue Chip Card Office is located in the Bookstore, in the Student Center. The Card Office is responsible for producing ID cards for students, faculty and staff at CCSU. This office also manages the Blue Chip debit card system which enables a card holder to purchase services or merchandise, both on and off campus. These services include: vending machines, laundry, copiers, food services on campus, bookstore, laser printing at the Microcomputer Lab, and various vendors off-campus.

Along with the debit card feature, the ID card may also be used for banking services provided by Achieve Credit Union. As a member, it allows one to use the card as an ATM card as well as for point-of-sale transactions.

All students are required to have a Blue Chip ID card. The ID card must be presented in order to use the library or computer lab services. The Blue Chip ID card is good for the student's entire time at the University.

The Library and Willard Hall have key-only elevator access. If a key is needed due to a medical condition, please visit the Police Department. The Administrative Office line is (860) 832-2377.

Card Office
BlueNet Account and CCSU Email Account

All CCSU students, regardless of whether full-time, part-time, Freshmen, Transfer, or International Student, need to activate both a BlueNet Account and a CCSU E-mail Account.

Please refer to the First Year Student Guide, the Transfer Student Guide or the Pre-Arrival Booklet for International Students you should have received, to set up both your BlueNet Account and your CCSU E-mail Account. If you have difficulty setting up either account, please contact the Information Technology (IT) Department at 860-832-1720.

Your CCSU E-Mail is the only way that you will be contacted by faculty, staff, and departments on campus.

Building Abbreviations
LD Lawrence Davidson Hall NC Nicolaus Copernicus
MW Marcus White Hall FA James J. Maloney Hall
HB Henry Barnard Hall NH Newman House
HW Herbert Welte Hall HK Harrison Kaiser
EW Emma Hart Willard Hall ANX Kaiser Annex
MS Maria Sanford Hall DEC Dance Education Center
SC Student Center EB Elihu Burritt Library
FD Frank Diloreto Hall SSH Social Science Hall
RVAC Robert C. Vance Acad. Ctr.    
Bus Information
Campus Map
Campus Safety (CCSU Police)

One of the University's most important commitments is to provide a safe, secure, and welcoming campus for students and all who work here. The CCSU Police Department and other offices provide here information explaining how the University works to keep the campus safe and what we all should do in case a campus emergency arises.

CCSU Police
CCSU Emergency Notification System

As part of our efforts to enhance the safety and security of the campus, all currently enrolled students, faculty, staff, and other campus employees have been enrolled in the CCSU Emergency Notification System (ENS). Just as a fire alarm cannot prevent a fire, no communication system can guarantee safety. But, as with fire alarms, effective communications can help save lives.

CCSU Emergency Notifcation Stystem
Commuter Outreach

Are you a commuter student and would like additional resource information?

Commuter Outreach
Computer Access & Support

Computer Accessibility
The majority of computers for students to access can be found in the Marcus White Computer Lab. Please call the front desk phone at (860) 832-1722, with any questions. You can also visit the Computer Lab website for more information.

Other locations for public computers on campus:

  • The Student Center
  • Elihu Burritt Library

Residence Hall Computer Labs
Each residence hall has a small computer lab, complete with internet access and printing capabilities (you must supply your own paper). Use your Blue Chip ID Card to access your hall's computer lab 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Lab setup and policies vary from hall to hall, so you should visit your hall's office or ask a Residence Assistant for more information.

Face to Face Support
Information Technology/IT and the Technology Center also provide in-person technology support for your portable computer and campus technology. Services include computer configurations to access the campus network; virus and spyware removal; remote application configuration; assistance with campus systems (CentralPipeline, WebCentral-Banner Web); software training and more.
The Face to Face Support Website

Early Alert (Early Academic Warning) Program

In collaboration with the Learning Center, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is actively involved in the Early Alert (Early Academic Warning) program. The Early Alert program exists to intervene with students who have poor grades, attendance issues, or personal issues affecting their progress in courses. Poor academic performance and/or attendance issues can often be a symptom of a deeper problem for a student. If we can meet with and help the student before the first exam of the semester, there is a better chance of facilitating academic success.

The Early Alert program is a system that allows faculty to express concern about students in a formal way. The main objective of this program is to support students early, and thereby increase their chances of success in their classes and in college.

If a faculty member observes one or more of the student behaviors listed below, he/she can flag the student on the Early Alert program. The faculty member will access their Faculty/Staff Central Pipeline account from the CCSU website and go through an online referral process. After submitting a warning, the student's information will go to the Registrar's Office, Student Affairs, or the Learning Center based on the reasons that the student was flagged.

How students are referred:
A faculty member can flag a student on the Early Alert program based on their observations or and/or discussions with a student for the following reasons:

  • Never Attended Class
  • Poor Academic Performance
  • Poor Attendance
  • Personal Problems
  • Late or Missing Assignments
  • Low Exam/Quiz Scores
  • Poor Class Motivation/Attitude/Lack of Purpose
  • Other

Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
Phone: (860) 832-1601
Fax: (860) 832-1610
Davidson Hall, Room 103

The Learning Center
Elevator Key

The Library and Willard Hall have key-only elevator access. If a key is needed due to a medical condition, please visit the Police Department. The Administrative Office line is (860) 832-2377.

Faculty/Staff Directory

Please use the Faculty/Staff Directory if you are trying to find a faculty or staff member.

Faculty/Staff Directory
First Year Orientation

New first-year students attend either a full-day or overnight First Year Orientation program. During the summer months, students visit campus to attend this program that consists of academic advising, course registration, and an orientation to their academic department and school. Parents/guardians are welcome, and encouraged, to attend this program with their student, as there is a Family Program built into the day's events.

Please review the First-Year Guide as it provides information on getting started at CCSU, such as activating your BlueNet Account and your CCSU email account, and other important information. In Mid April, you will receive emails asking you to complete a Course Schedule Interest form and to choose an Orientation date.

Should you be entering CCSU for the spring semester, your advising and registration session will occur during December/January and will follow a slightly different program than during the summer months. Should you have any questions regarding the Course Schedule Interest form, for your First Year Orientation, please contact:
Career Success Center
Phone: (860) 832-1615
Carroll Hall, Room 149

If you should have questions regarding Orientation events, please contact:
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
Phone: (860) 832-1601
Davidson Hall, Room 103

New Transfer Orientation, a mandatory program for new transfer students arriving in the fall semester is held during the summer months. This program consists of academic advising, course registration, and an orientation to their academic department and school. Parents/guardians are welcome, and encouraged to attend this program with their student, as there is also important information for parents. Transfer Students arriving in the spring semester will attend New Transfer Orientation. Should you have any questions, please refer to your School-Based Advising Center listed on the New Transfer Orientation page. Transfer students should have received an email from their School-Based Advising Center.

Housing/Residence Life

Housing On-Campus:
All questions regarding housing should be directed to the Residence Life Office. The main office is located on the first floor of Mid-Campus Hall, room 118 or can be reached at (860) 832-1660. The Residence Life Office also has information available on their website. Please select the link below to be directed to the Residence Life website.

Residence Hall Telephone Use Policy:
As of May 23, 2011, CCSU will no longer provide telephone service or voice mail service in student residence hall rooms except in those student rooms designated to conform to ADA requirements. House phones are located on each residence hall floor, which may be used for incoming calls and to place 911, campus, local and toll-free access calls. Students may use their own cellular service or internet phone providers using their PCs.

Residence Life
Lost and Found

If you lose something on campus, please check the four "Lost and found" locations which may have received your lost article.

  • The Police Department located at 1500 East Street, New Britain on the east side of campus. Please call 860-832-2375 or stop by the station.
  • The Information Desk in the Student Center Lobby. Please call 860-832-1970 or stop by the Information Desk.
  • The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs in Davidson Hall, Room 103. Please call 860-832-1601 or stop by the office.
  • The Sodexo (Dining Services) Office is located on the south side of Memorial Hall. Please call 860-832-3797 or stop by the office.

Mediation Services
Ramón Hernández Associate Dean, Student Affairs Davidson Hall, Room 103,
(860) 832-1601
Antonio Garcia-Lozada Ombudsperson Davidson Hall, Room 214,
(860) 832-2216
Jean Alicandro Director, Residential Life Mid-Campus Hall, Room 118
(860) 832-1660
Rosa Rodriguez Chief Diversity Officer Davidson Hall, Room 102,

The University recognizes that conflicts are a part of every student's life. Campus Mediation Services helps students responsibly and constructively solve their own conflicts. Mediation is a voluntary, confidential, and structured process of resolving disputes and conflicts with the help of a neutral third party. A mediator helps disputing parties to generate and evaluate options for reaching a mutually acceptable agreement. Often, students in conflict do not have an opportunity to talk over their grievances in a neutral setting and work together to find their own solutions. As a result, anger and frustration grow. Mediation is a workable alternative. Above is a list of Campus Mediators you may contact on an as-needed basis. For more information, contact Ramón Hernández, Davidson Hall, Room 103, 860-832-1601.

New Britain Museum of American Art

All students, faculty and staff have unlimited access to the New Britain Museum of American Art (NBMAA) during any of the General Admission Hours, free of charge. A Blue Chip ID card must be presented at the museum.

New Britain Museum of American Art
56 Lexington Street
New Britain, CT 06052
(860) 229-0257

New Britain Museum of American Art
On-Campus Parking

Parking Stickers:
Every student is required to have a current University parking decal, available from the Card Office or the University Police Department. If you park in a faculty/staff lot or park illegally, you will be ticketed (parking fines may be $25 or more) and possibly towed.

From November 15 to April 1, students should avoid overnight parking in any of the open parking lots. Students should use the parking garages, especially when snow or ice conditions are forecasted. Due to a potential snow emergency, a parking ban may be instituted and those cars remaining in parking lots will be subject to fines and towing. To find out if a parking ban is in effect, you can call the snow phone at (860) 832-3333.

Parking Tickets:
If you think you were ticketed unjustly, parking tickets may be appealed to the University Parking Appeal Committee (appeal forms are available in the University Police Department). All fines must be paid in full prior to appeal, and appeals must be filed within ten days of the violation in order to be considered. Appellants will be notified of the hearing date in writing and may, if they desire, appear in person before the committee. Refunds for successful appeals will be processed within six to eight weeks of the date the appeal is granted. For more information please call the CCSU Police Department at (860) 832-2375.

Visitor Parking:
Visitor parking is provided in the Student Center parking lot and parking garage. All other parking lots require a parking pass. Please read signs for designated parking, as you may receive a ticket from the CCSU Police Department if you park in restricted lots.For more information on parking, please visit the Campus Police website by clicking on the link below, or stop by the Police Department which is located at 1500 East Street on the east side of cammpus.

Campus Police Parking Guidelines Parking Guidelines Map Interactive Campus Map
Opening Day

Opening Day, which occurs in August, prior to the start of the fall semester, is mandatory for new students arriving in the fall. All new first-time students should attend First Year Orientation while all new transfer students should attend New Transfer Student Orientation.

Please visit for information regarding First Year Orientation and for New Transfer Student Orientation. You will receive information about Opening Day in late Spring or early Summer.

All first-year students who will be living on-campus will move into their dorm prior to the start of the semester. Further details regarding residence hall move-in will be sent to you through the office of Residence Life.

We look forward to seeing you!

First Year Orientation

Registration (Courses)

All course registration for continuing, matriculated, undergraduate and graduate students takes place online through the Central Pipeline system. All students should meet with their advisor before their priority registration date to ensure that the courses selected will fulfill graduation and major requirements.

Should you need assistance to register in person, you may do so at the Registrar's Office in Davidson Hall, Room 116.

Hours Monday - Thursday, 8am - 6pm
Friday, 8am - 4pm
Phone: (860) 832-2236
Fax: (860) 832-2250

Please keep in mind that all payments are due at the time of registration.

To view the registration calendars, click here.

For directions on how to register for classes, click here.

To access the online version of the Undergraduate Student Course Catalog to view General Education Requirements and specific plans of study for your major, click here.

For more information and to access forms through the Registrar's Office, please follow the link below.

Office of the Registrar

One of the University's most important commitments is to provide a safe, secure, and welcoming campus for students and all who work here or visit us. The CCSU Police Department, Student Behavioral Review Team (SBRT) and the Threat Assessment Team (TAT) provide information regarding University efforts to keep the campus safe, and what you can do to help in these efforts. 

CCSU Police are available 24/7 at 860-832-2375 or by calling 911.  

Please make sure your emergency notification information is up to date at, so that if a campus emergency arises, you will be notified.

Social Media

Connect with us using one of our campus social media acounts by clicking on the button below.

Campus Social Media
Status Change

All changes of status for continuing students, whether full-time to part-time or part-time to full-time, are processed in the Office of the Registrar, Davidson Hall, Room 116. The Registrar's Office can be reached at (860) 832-2236.

Change in Status Form
Student Code of Conduct

The CCSU Student Code of Conduct outlines the rules and expectations of all students at Central Connecticut State University. Each and every student at CCSU is expected to read this document and will be held accountable to the expectations and terms outlined within. We encourage every student to either print out a copy for their own reference or save a copy of this document to their computer in order to easily access it.

Should you have any questions regarding the Student Code of Conduct, please contact the Director of Student Conduct, (office location is Carroll Hall, Room 202), or contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Davidson Hall, Room 103 or contact us at (860) 832-1601.

To view the Student Code of Conduct, please select the following link.

Student Code of Conduct
Student Handbook

The CCSU Student Handbook provides information on resources, activities, policies and student life at CCSU.

Student Handbook
Student Employment

To find out more about student employment, please visit the Career Success Center located in Carroll Hall, Room 149.

There are additional jobs available through Recentral.
Career Success Center (CSC)

ReCentral Jobs

New Transfer Orientation

New Transfer Orientation, a mandatory program for new transfer students consists of academic advising, course registration, and an orientation to their academic department and school. Parents/guardians are welcome, and encouraged to attend this program with their student, as there is also important information for parents.

For questions regarding New Transfer Orientation, please contact your School-Based Advising Center. Transfer students should have received an email from their School-Based Advising Center.

Carol A. Ammon College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
Arts and Sciences Advising Place
Carroll Hall, Room 138
(860) 832-2602

School of Business Student Services Center
Vance Academic Center, Room 216
(860) 832-3205

School of Education and Professional Studies Advising Center
Barnard Hall, Room 229
(860) 832-2370

School of Engineering, Science, and Technology Student Services Center
Copernicus Hall, Room 241
(860) 832-1863

Explore Central Office
Carroll Hall, Room 145
(860) 832-1614

University Calendar

The University Calendar provides important academic dates, while Today@CCSU/Master Calendar provides information on campus events.

University Calendar
Withdrawal (from a course/from the university)

The Registrar gives detailed information on when and how you can withdraw from a course, as well as instructions on how to withdraw from the University. Please visit the Registrar's website or visit the office in Davidson Hall, Room 116.

Office of the Registrar