Are you considering a career in health care, particularly one
that involves advanced education past your bachelors degree? First advice:
contact the CCSU Pre-health Committee.
They will help you investigate your options, and navigate the application
You can begin to search for programs in health-related training through the
- Standard ("allopathic") medical schools for an MD degree, in the US and Canada, at
services.aamc.org/memberlistings/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.search&search_type=MS. There are two medical schools in the Caribbean that you
can also consider: Ross University, on Dominica, and
American University of the Caribbean, on St
- Osteopathic medical schools for a DO degree, in the US, at
- Pharmacy schools in the US, at
- Physician Assistant programs for a PA degree, in the US, at www.aapa.org/pgmlist.php3.
- Optometry schools for an OD degree, in the US, at
- Chiropractic programs for a DC degree, in the US, at
- Occupational Therapy programs, in the US, at
- Dental schools for a DDS degree, in the US, at
- Physical Therapy programs, in the US, at
- Veterinary schools for a DVM degree, in the US, at
- Naturopathy prgrams, in the US, at
Are you considering a PhD degree, or an MS/MA degree? There are a number of careers, and career levels, open
when you've got a doctorate or masters in a field related to biomolecular sciences. There are a few search tools
to guide you through the process of narrowing your field of interest and choosing schools to focus on.
Are you interested in immediate employment (i.e., getting a job)? This section is still under construction,
but for the moment, see Kathy Martin-Troy for further information.
Return to the CCSU Biomolecular Sciences Department home page
September 04, 2007
Web Administrator: Mike Davis