If you are an English major, you will be assigned an advisor from the department faculty. This usually happens when you declare your major. In order to register, you will need a PIN (Personal Identification Number). The only way to receive a PIN is to meet with your advisor, so be sure to schedule an appointment with your advisor during the advising period.
How do I run a degree evaluation?
For directions on how to run a degree evaluation, click here.
How do I find out who my advisor is?
Log into Central Pipeline to find out or go to the English department, Willard Hall Room 303, to find the list of advisors posted in the hallway.
How do I make an appointment with my advisor?
If you do not receive an e-mail from your advisor with instructions, go to your advisor’s office to sign up for an appointment. There will be a sign-up sheet on their door. Read the directions carefully and make sure you write down the appointment time and date - don’t lose it!
Before your appointment, be sure to:
- Prepare a curriculum sheet and/or degree evaluation.
- Review the requirements for both General Education and the English major.
- Read the English area requirements for spring 2015.
- Think in advance about courses you need and want to take.
- Review the course offerings available in Central Pipeline.
- Questions about your requirements? Bring the catalog dating from when you matriculated.
- Don’t miss your appointment!