International Student and Scholar Services
The goals of the International Student and Scholar Services section of the Center for International Education are to provide you with the information and support necessary to make you feel welcome at CCSU, to provide you with enough information to enable you to navigate your way around campus and understand how the various offices and departments can help you, and to help you understand the services offered by the International Student and Scholar Services Coordinator in the Center for International Education.
In order to achieve our goals, we:
- Advise international students and scholars on immigration regulations, on and off campus work authorization, educational and financial concerns and cultural adjustments;
- Assist students in processing immigration applications required to maintain legal status;
- Assist students and scholars in adhering to and complying with USCIS regulations
- Provide authorization to work on campus and off campus (CPT: Co-op and internship);
- Organize orientation, cross-cultural events, immigration knowledge clinics and workshops;
- Provide counseling regarding academic and cultural adjustments and concerns.