The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) collects, analyzes, organizes and disseminates data and institutional information to support the University. OIRA is also responsible for campus-wide coordination of assessment activities and assists in the development of a culture of assessment directed at continuous improvement based on data-driven decisions and adjustments.
The ongoing goals of OIRA encompass five major areas:
- Data Management. Capture, audit, and maintain frozen data sets about admissions, enrolled students, course offerings, degrees awarded, faculty and staff information, and faculty load
- Internal Reporting. Provide University administrators and faculty with consistent and accurate reports
- External Reporting. Respond to external requirements and requests for information about the University
- Research. Conduct research about aspects of the University and its external environment
- Assessment. Coordinate assessment activities campus-wide