Mental Health Crisis Services
Resources available to CCSU students who are experiencing a mental health crisis
Call 911 if you are experiencing a life-threatening crisis.
National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
Call or text with trained crisis counselors who can help if you are experiencing mental health-related distress, including:
- Thoughts of suicide
- Mental health or substance use crisis
- Any other kind of emotional distress
Student Wellness Center
Students in crisis can call or just walk-in to speak with a counselor when the Student Wellness Center is open.
Counseling and Student Development
The CCSU Department of Counseling and Student Development provides mental health counseling and a wide range of student development services designed to support academic success, as well as help students resolve emotional, inter-personal, behavioral, and other personal challenges. In addition, we offer services and programs intended to promote mental health, while helping students acquire the skills and resources needed to thrive in a university setting.
APPOINTMENT LINE 860.832.1926
General Inquiries 860.832.1927
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Willard-DiLoreto Hall, W101
All services are provided at no cost, confidential, and available to all enrolled full- and part-time CCSU students
Counseling Services Offered:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling and support groups
- Family counseling
- Medication management
- Referrals for specialty, long term, or more intensive services
- Case management services
- Crisis Intervention services
- Risk assessments
Student Development Services Offered:
- Psychoeducational workshops and webinars for students
- Consultation and involvement with campus, centers, programs and initiatives
- Training for CCSU faculty and staff on a variety of mental health related issues
- Consultation to CCSU faculty and staff