For the CCSU Writing Placement Exam contact the English Department at (860) 832-2795 or click here.
For French, German, Italian and Spanish placement testing, please contact by email Professor Lourdes Casas firstname.lastname@example.org.
Math Placement Testing
We are currently offering remote Math Accuplacer testing using Examity. To initiate a Math placement test, please fill out form below.
Schedule a Math Placement Test
The Learning Center will use the information to create your test voucher which Accuplacer will email to you along with instructions on how to register for and schedule your testing session with Examity. There is a cost to the test, but you will NOT be responsible for the cost of the proctoring. Exams must be taken on a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam.
Note: you may only take the placement test once.
What you can expect when you begin your testing session:
- No calculators are allowed.
- Scrap paper is allowed – only blank sheets of paper can be used.
- The proctor must verify your identity. You will be asked to show/upload your ID to begin the exam. (Acceptable forms: driver’s license, state approved or federal ID, military ID, College ID, High School ID, Passport, Naturalization Card or certificate of citizenship, etc.)
- You will be asked to sit in a quiet place where you will be undisturbed while testing.
- The proctors will ask you to use your web camera to show that you are alone in the testing room (preferably with a closed door)
- You will not be allowed to leave the room during testing. Testing area must be clear of anything other than a single-monitor computer, mouse, keyboard, writing instruments and scrap paper.
- You will need to show a 360 view of your testing space (including ceiling, floor and under your table/desk.
The following links offer information and practice exercises for the Math placement exam: